Master of Business Administration
Traditional, Online, Accelerated - 36 Credits
The Master in Business Administration is designed to prepare students to successfully pursue leadership positions in business. The program builds on the strong reputation of Centenary’s undergraduate degree program, focusing on the development and enhancement of the perspectives, knowledge, and skills required for a career in business. Students who complete the MBA program will develop the advanced skills necessary to function in an upper managerial position; acquire the necessary evaluative skills to critically analyze an organization’s performance, utilize technology skills in problem solving and communication, develop an appreciation of the legal and cultural realm of the workplace, and demonstrate an understanding of the global business environment.
These areas of concentration emphasize the understanding and utilization of the latest technology as a way to evaluate performance and create management solutions. Critical thinking is vital to today’s manager, and Centenary’s MBA program strives to provide this to each student so that all graduates have the necessary evaluative skills to critically analyze an organization and understand the legal and cultural marketplace in which that organization functions.
The Centenary MBA Program is conscious of the unique learning experience that Master’s level students undergo. Learning is truly a shared experience, and case courses worked in groups are a primary teaching methodology. That is why we strive to have a diverse body of business students drawn from various industries such as Pharmaceutical, Financial, Consumer Products, Technical, Medical and Education. This diverse group not only allows for cross-fertilization of ideas and practices across various industries, but also provides students with a wonderful opportunity for networking future career moves
- Completed application
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Original transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Minimum GPA 2.5
- No GRE/GMAT required
In order to be successful in the MBA program, students should be capable of good oral and written communication skills as well as the ability to succeed in quantitatively oriented programs.
Grading policy for the MBA Program
- Graduate students must have a GPA of 3.0 in order to receive a degree.
- Any graduate student who receives more than one grade of C (to include C+, C, and C-) will be dismissed from the program.
- A graduate student who has received a grade of C may appeal to the Academic Review Board to request a determination of eligibility to repeat the course.* Decisions will be made on a case-by-case basis. No grades of D will be given (anything lower than a C- is an F). A grade of F will result in dismissal from the program.
- If a student repeats a course in which a grade of C has been received, both the original grade and the repeated grade will count in the GPA. The original grade of C will be used to determine eligibility to stay in or to be removed from the program.